Kindness is catchy. That’s why I think every day should be Random Acts of Kindness Day. Nothing elaborate needed – think simple. Perhaps your neighbor’s garbage can tipped over. Instead of ignoring it, pick it up. Brush snow off a stranger’s windshield. Offer words of encouragement. When you do something nice, then others who observe the action are more likely to carry out kindness, too.
7 Ways to Observe Random Acts of Kindness Day
- Pay for the coffee or meal of the person in front of you in line.
- Leave a kind note for someone, no explanation needed.
- Put your skills to work for someone in need. For example, offer to create a résumé for someone seeking a new job.
- Drop off a load of groceries at the local food pantry.
- Order a bouquet of flowers to be delivered to anyone in the hospital. (Call the florist and tell them to pick a hospital or nursing home and deliver flowers to the person the front desk thinks needs it the most. It could be a sick child, an elderly person with no family, or a college student down on their luck).
- Send a thank you note to the local fire department, police department, or any military personnel.
- Just smile.
Get caught showing as much kindness as possible - we each have the potential to bring positive change. Please feel free to add to this list and share your ideas for Random Acts of Kindness!